Join.me is a collaborative presentation software available from LogMeIn, however it can be used to resolve computer problems remotely – without permanently installing any software. The following steps will allow a technician to remotely control your computer. So lets get started by following the steps below.
- Working Web Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, etc)
- Working Broadband Internet Connection*
- The ability to access websites via your web browser
Setting Up a Temporary Remote Connection
- Important: Please Contact our office to schedule an appointment before going through these steps.
- Open your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc) and enter into your address bar “join.me” and press enter.
- On the page that loads, click the orange share button – as illustrated in the graphic below.
- On Internet Explorer, the Join.me application will automatically download and install, if this occurred please jump to the next step.
Firefox, Chrome, or Safari Browsers: If you are using one of these browsers you will need to download and run the program manually, as demonstrated below.
- Once Join.me is running a small black and orange window will appear at the top center of your screen, as illustrated below (fig 3). Now please tell your technician the nine-digit code that appears in that window as illustrated in figure 4 below.
- Now, you need to wait for the technician to connect to your computer, this may take a moment depending on your Internet connection speed.
- Once the technician has connected, you will receive a notice that the technician is requesting control of your computer – as illustrated in figure 5. Please click “Yes” so the technician may remotely control your computer.
- The Technician now has remote control of your computer and can resolve your computer problems..
Disconnecting Temporary Remote Connection
To disconnect from Join.me, click the “X” in the upper right corner of the Join.me application window. Then you will be ask if you are sure you want to close Join.me. When closing Join.me, you will be asked if you want to keep Join.me on your computer. If you do not wish to keep Join.me on your computer, uncheck the checkmark next to “Keep join.me on my Desktop” before clicking “Exit” to close the application.
- * This service works best with a Internet connection of 384Kbps or higher, but has been done across dial-up.