Mad Scientist Technologies Web Site Changelog
Project: Discontinue of Discussion Forums
Description: The Mad Scientist Technologies Community Discussion Forums will be discontinue on January 7, 2012. The forums are being discontinued for the following reason: no engagement, registration spam, and maintenance cost.
- Announced in Forums: 24-Nov-2011 – Completed
- Announced on Front-page: 24-Dec-2011 – Completed
- Publicly Close Forums: 7-Jan-2012 (at) 0:00 GMT – Completed
Last Updated: 9-Jan-2012 @ 7:37 GMT
Project: Site Transition to New Server
Expected Downtime: 2 Hours (Max)*
Actual Downtime: 0 Hours
Description: The web sites and web applications under the management of Mad Scientist Technologies will be transition to a new server at a new hosting company resulting in better performance and more features.
- Prepare New Mail Server – 100% Completed
- Prepare DNS for Transition – 100% Completed
- Data Backup – 100% Completed
- Database Backups – 100% Completed
- Prepare New Server – 100% Completed
- Move Data Into New Server – 100% Completed
- Import Databases Into New Server – 100% Completed
- Prepare DNS for New Server – 100% Completed
- Check Functionality on New Server – 100% Completed
- Final Checks – 100% Completed
- Change DNS Servers – 100% Completed
- Transition Completed – Completed
The Following MadSciTech.com features and/or sections are either being re-engineered or dropped in the move/realignment of MadSciTech.com:
- Support Forums: Transition to New System
- Live Chat: Dropping, do to lack of uses and resource. May return if demand is high.
- Support Ticket System: “Reply hazy, try again.” This section is being re-evaluated.
- Appointment Scheduler: “Reply hazy, try again.” This section is being re-evaluated.
* Determined by DNS Refresh Rate Across the Internet
Last Update: 12-Nov-2010 @ 14:00